What do you need to get your vehicle out of Impound?

Local Towing St Cloud & Central MN

Here is the Information you MAY need depending on the reason that your vehicle was Impounded along with all the holds from the law enforcement agency that requested the impound. If you have any questions, please call our office ahead of time to save you time.

  • A Valid Driver’s License – A valid driver’s license is required by any person driving a vehicle off of Collins Brothers Towing property.
  • Insurance Card – A current and valid insurance card insuring the impounded vehicle to be claimed.
  • Vehicle Registration Card – A current vehicle registration card for the vehicle to be claimed.
  • Proof of Ownership - If the claiming party is not the registered vehicle owner we require a notarized letter from the owner giving permission to pick up the vehicle.
  • Title Transfer

​Important Information

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we can only accept cash or credit card payment for impounded vehicle fees. We accept Mastercard, Visa & American Express We cannot accept checks for payment.

Our Vehicle Release hours are 8am-5pm Mon-Fri, Sat & Sun by Appointment Only due to different situations that we have dealt with after these hours.

For your convenience, non-emergency law enforcement agency phone numbers are listed below: ​

  • St. Cloud Police Department (320) 251-1200
  • Minnesota State Patrol (651) 582-1292
  • Sherburne County Sheriff (763) 765-3500
  • Benton County Sheriff (320) 968-7201
  • Stearns County Sheriff (320) 251-4240
  • Sauk Rapids Police Department (320) 251-9451
  • Waite Park Police Department (320) 251-3281
  • Sartell Police Department (320) 251-8186
  • St. Joseph Police Department (320) 363-8250